I believe in speaking things into existence and maximizing serendipity. Here are my career goals.
To Make Moonshots
My book (https://www.amazon.com/Making-Moonshots-Rahul-Rana/dp/163676620X) serves as my guiding principles, now I will put it in action throughout the deeptech ecosystem.
- VC: Become a deeptech venture capital investor, where my primary thesis will be investing in space, life sciences, climate, and breakthrough companies that progress science & our national interests.
- Be a full-stack investor: pre-seed/commercialization to growth stages
- Sourcing, evaluating, due diligence
- Picking winners + Convincing them
- Helping companies after the fact
- Startups: Incubate as many moonshot startups as possible. I will be a venture investor + builder.
- Currently: startups within Arcadia Science
- Past, yet still active: drug discovery from non-model organisms
- Academia: Improve the infrastructure, incentives, and attitude around science & commercialize research from lab to market. Also to rebuild Bell Labs or make a new one—it's the reason I ever became interested in deeptech.
- Currently: building Arcadia Science
- Entertainment + media: Be the bridge between science fiction and science fact in a way that inspires the masses and galvanizes the general public. I want to create movies, immersive experiences, theme parks, and more.
- Government: Be in a position of influence where I can enact policies that will solve big problems in the world.